Location: Tomah, WI
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 1-2 Yrs Carpentry. Full position description is available in the complete opening listings on this page.
We are looking to hire Carpenters in the La Crosse, Onalaska, Sparta, Tomah, Mauston, New Lisbon, Wisconsin Dells, and Baraboo areas. Carpenters are responsible for performing quality construction carpentry as required at the job site.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to travel from site to site is required.
- Ability to follow direction and work well with others is essential.
- Carpenters must qualify in knowledge of generally accepted carpentry practices. Skills must be proven prior to independent performance on the job site.
- Follow all training and safety rules.
- Must be willing and able to learn skills that may be required to complete a job.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualifications- prefer 1-2 years’ of prior carpentry experience
- Education Qualifications- High School diploma or GED is preferred
- Skills- Problem solver, detail-oriented, excellent customer service skills, excellent communication skills, and ability to work independently.
Americon's Team Benefit Package
|• CoPay & HDHP Insurance Options||• Short-Term Disability Insurance|
|• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account||• Long-Term Disability Insurance|
|• Health Savings Account||• Group Life Insurance|
|• Dental Plan with Ortho Option||• Paid Time Off|
|• Vision Insurance||• 401(k) Plan with a fantastic Company Match|
|• 24-Hour Accident Supplemental Insurance||• Mileage Reimbursement|
|• Tool Discount after Probationary period - Carpenters & Superintendents|
Americon is a self-performing General Contractor that performs multiple contract types (Design-Build, Construction Manager, and traditional lump-sum). We design and build multi-family/assisted living facilities, office buildings, churches, agricultural structures, industrial buildings, and much more! Our project/contract prices range from $1,000 to $40 million dollars.
Americon is a construction and development firm that builds relationships from instilling confidence. Nearly four decades, Americon has constructed almost every type of building imaginable, while retaining and developing the finest craftsman possible.
Our services range from selecting a piece of land to hanging the last door. We are one of Western Wisconsin’s largest multi-family builders, having constructed thousands of apartment units and hundreds of thousands square feet of office/retail space.
We seek team members that are highly motivated & self-starters. Our family-owned business culture drives our carpenters, foremen, and project managers to provide the best possible results and take pride in their work. Our team hires candidates with exceptional detail-oriented skill sets.
Americon Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics will not be tolerated.
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace