Location: Tomah, WI
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience as carpenter, or associates degree in carpentry/construction. Minimum one year experience as a construction superintendent. Leadership skills and excellent communication. Full position description is available in the complete opening listings on this page.
We are seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent that has knowledge within multiple construction areas. These areas include the design-build commercial/residential markets and/or public hard bid market. The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the entire onsite activities. Superintendents are responsible for every carpenter, every subcontractor, and every detail.
Americon’s best asset, is our craftsman. Many of our carpenters have been with us for over 25 years, we can attribute our high repeat customer rate directly to them. Our core focus is achieving the highest possible quality of craftsmanship while leaving long-lasting relationships with all parties involved.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Quality, quality, quality… Holding ourselves and subcontractors to the highest possible quality.
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite; this increases jobsite efficiencies and safety.
- Over communicate, with the Project Manager, Carpenters, subcontractors, owners, etc.
- Ensure our layout and all subcontractors layouts follow the plans/specifications (if there are conflicts, contact the PM to write an RFI).
- Assist the Project Managers with creating schedules and following the schedule dates (ie: calling subcontractors that do not arrive on their scheduled day. Notifying the PM right away).
- Receive material (ensuring material delivered onsite matches what is ordered).
- Maintain onsite safety requirements (Americon Carpenters and subcontractors).
- Ensure all Carpenters show up on time and are on task (with several tasks to perform).
- Ensure all Carpenters are performing tasks the most efficient way possible.
- Coordinate with all subcontractors.
- Call subcontractors when they need to arrive onsite per the schedule; notifying the Project Manager when the subcontractor does not arrive onsite on time.
- Notify the Project Manager of any delays or potential delays in schedule.
- Review and approve Carpenter’s timecards.
- You have the authority to remove any person from the jobsite at any time for any reason. It is your building own it.
- Most of the time, we receive repeat business based on your performance of qualify, timeliness, and professionalism.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Carpenter or Associates Degree in Carpentry/Construction
- At least one year of experience as a Superintendent.
- Additional leadership experience a plus.
- Valid driver’s license
- Highly organized and excellent communication skills required
Americon's Team Member Benefits
|• CoPay & HDHP Insurance Options||• Short-Term Disability Insurance|
|• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account||• Long-Term Disability Insurance|
|• Health Savings Account||• Group Life Insurance|
|• Dental Plan with Ortho Option||• Paid Time Off|
|• Vision Insurance||• 401(k) Plan with a fantastic Company Match|
|• 24-Hour Accident Supplemental Insurance||• Mileage Reimbursement|
|• Tool Discount after Probationary period - Carpenters & Superintendents|
Americon is a self-performing General Contractor that performs multiple contract types (Design-Build, Construction Manager, and traditional lump-sum). We design and build multi-family/assisted living facilities, office buildings, churches, agricultural structures, industrial buildings, and much more! Our project/contract prices range from $1,000 to $40 million dollars.
Americon is a construction and development firm that builds relationships from instilling confidence. Nearly four decades, Americon has constructed almost every type of building imaginable, while retaining and developing the finest craftsman possible.
Our services range from selecting a piece of land to hanging the last door. We are one of Western Wisconsin’s largest multi-family builders, having constructed thousands of apartment units and hundreds of thousands square feet of office/retail space.
We seek team members that are highly motivated & self-starters. Our family-owned business culture drives our carpenters, foremen, and project managers to provide the best possible results and take pride in their work. Our team hires candidates with exceptional detail-oriented skill sets.
Americon Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics will not be tolerated.
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace