April 7, 2022
Americon Construction was selected to be the company providing framing carpenters to help build the new Rolling Hills Assisted Living facility in Sparta, Wisconsin. Although being developed by another general contractor (Kraus-Anderson), most duties on this project are subcontracted out. We are proud that they selected our experienced team of to help build this project – one that’s important to the Sparta community.
The new 80,000 square foot skilled nursing and assisted living facility is constructed of poured-concrete foundations, structural steel, panelized wooden walls, steel siding, and asphalt shingle roofing. Monroe County’s new facility will feature 50 skilled nursing beds, 24 Community Based Retirement Facility (CBRF) beds, and 24 Residential Care Apartment Complex (RCAC) beds, in addition to amenities such as barbershop, salon, bistro, outdoor green spaces, and various activities directed by Therapeutic Recreation Specialists.
Skilled Nursing Facility Wings C & D to include:
- 50 beds in a neighborhood concept subdivided into 3 smaller households of 16-17 beds. Each household provides a living room, dining room, country kitchen and activity space that accommodate residents in a smaller, more intimate environment. One of the households is dedicated to residents needing short-term stay rehabilitation care.
- 46 private bedroom suites with private bathrooms
- 2 double bedroom suites with private bathrooms
- Access to two outdoor courtyards, one of which is completely secured for resident safety.
CBRF Household Wing B Includes:
- 24 beds dedicated to assisted living care in a neighborhood concept subdivided into 2 smaller households of 12 beds. Each household provides a living room, dining room, country kitchen and activity space that accommodate residents in a smaller, more intimate environment.
- All resident rooms are private suites with private bathrooms.
- Access to an outdoor central courtyard that will be fenced for resident safety.
RCAC Household Wing E Includes:
- 24 apartments dedicated to serving residents with assisted living needs who desire to reside in an apartment style setting.
- 16 one-bedroom apartments and 8 two-bedroom apartments will be available for residents.
- Each apartment will have a separate living room, kitchen, full bathroom, bedroom(s) and laundry.
- Common living, dining and activity spaces will be provided for resident socialization.
Commons Wing A Includes:
- The Commons area will contain all of the spaces for overall services that support resident life such as the Main Kitchen, Receiving, General Storage, Central Laundry, Administrative Offices, etc.
- The Commons area will also include amenity spaces for all residents to use such as a Café-bistro, Large Multi-Purpose Gathering and Activity Room, Physical Therapy Gym and Salon.
June 2021 – Construction began
May 2022 – Parking lot to be paved
August 2022 – Owner Occupancy
Photo Credits: Kraus-Anderson & Chris Bergeron, BergeronMedia.com