Our Carpenters are the core of everything that Americon does, and there is no success without them. A Carpenter is a construction professional who works with construction crews to build, adjust and repair wood frameworks in various construction projects.
Read Full Description
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully understand project
- Work with power tools and inspect them regularly to meet safety standards
- Take measurements & calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Build window & door frames, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out flooring, roofing or drywall to ensure they are leveled and compatible for finishing product
- Install cabinets, shelves and other items
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Additional duties as needed
Construction Superintendents execute construction projects by organizing, planning, and overseeing project tasks at the job site. They complete quality inspections and supervise all project members, including staff and sub-contractors.
Read Full Description
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite
- Over communicate – with the Project Manager, carpenters, subcontractors, owners, etc.
- Ensure that our layout and all subcontractors’ layouts follow the plans/specifications
- Assist the Project Managers with creating schedules and following the schedule dates
- Receive & verify all materials delivered to the job site
- Maintain onsite safety requirements for the carpenters and sub-contractors
- Ensure all carpenters show up on time and are efficient and carrying out their responsibilities
- Notify the Project Manager of any delays or potential delays in schedule
- Review and approve Carpenters’ timecards
Project Managers coordinate all aspects of the construction process, including drafting & presenting a proposal to the customer, submitting a bid, hiring contractors and working with engineers, architects and vendors. They oversee the project as a whole.
Read Full Description
- Design work on the Project
- Estimating Bids
- Submittal & Shop drawings
- Purchasing materials
- Coordinating or hiring subcontractors
- Coordinating/instructing the onsite superintendent/foreman
- Tracking project financials
- Conducting job site progress meetings
- Oversee outgoing project invoices & payout of incoming invoices
- Approval of all subcontractor payout requests
- Collect all project close outs; operation and maintenance manual information
Americon Construction uses the app “JazzHR” for all company job postings. Follow the link to read the complete position description and to easily fill out an online application.
Our family led culture guides our carpenters, foremen, and project managers to provide the best possible results. Our team is able to take pride and ownership in their own work, as well as the accomplishments of the team as a whole. We want our team members to get to know one another, which makes it better for working together, team-building, and learning from each other.
Americon has constructed almost every type of building imaginable, while retaining and developing the finest craftsmen possible. Our services range from selecting a piece of land to hanging the last door. We welcome team members that are self-starters & driven.
We provide our team members with many valuable assets to enrich their work and home life from compensation to a great benefit package. Taking care our clients starts with taking care of our team. This provides a more pleasant working experience and end result of best result possible for our clients’ projects. Confidence in Construction.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Americon operates out of its office in Tomah, Wisconsin and provides over $100 million in construction services to West Central Wisconsin. Our company employs approximately 150 employees, covering a diverse portfolio of services.
Our people make Americon Construction who we are. Their incredible work ethic and commitment to safety and quality are the foundation of our company’s success. It is due to the loyalty, determination, and passion for construction of our team that Americon has been able to consistently provide a quality finished product with repeat customers and referrals for over 40 years.
Americon Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics will not be tolerated.
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace